Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1,283 days 1997 hours

I went out and started messing with the glue. The ideal temperature for the glue is around 70 degrees. It was at least 95. I would mix some and it would be too thick. I would mix another batch and it would be too thin. I never seem to get it right. I put a bunch on the Horizontal Tail. I am hoping that I can spend time sanding tomorrow and get it looking better. When I first started this project in January of this year I had no tools and no skills. I still don't have much of either. I did buy this Dremel like rotary tool for about $25. It was worth it. I know I will be buying more tools. Kim is hoping that this project will make me more handy. That would definitely be a bonus

I have learned that the FAA really tries to protect the skys, almost to a fault. Every accident is investigated and every part for every plane must be certified. A simple piece of aluminum can cost hundreds of dollars more than it is worth because of the certification. Homebuilts so far have escaped scrutiny. Once I build this plane I can do almost anything to it with out certification or permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment