Friday, September 11, 2009

1275 days 1986 hours

I actually got some time in before work. If I can work a little before work and a little during lunch then it will be easy to get the hours in. The fiberglass I laid down looks pretty good. I read in a book that Boyd gave me about glassing over an edge. It involves putting some tape down and cutting away the excess. I am surprised that as strong as the epoxy/resin glue is that it doesn't stick to some things like Duct tape. So yesterday I was cutting and pulling up the duct tape. The wing still had some waviness to it, which I am assuming that I will have to sand and fix. Today is Friday so I doubt I will get much work done. Saturday is Kim's birthday so there is a chance I won't be able to get much done there either. Certainly having the work in the garage is a lot better than having it at some distant hanger.

When I have flown with Boyd he has asked if I wanted to fly for a little bit. The actually flying is nothing. It feels like nothing. I guess getting used to looking at the instruments and the horizon is something, but I don't feel like it adds to my experience at all. Steering the airplane on the ground (which is done with the feet) is hard. That will take some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment