Thursday, September 10, 2009

1276 days 1987 hours

I got a solid two hours in yesterday. Wednesdays are turning out to be good days to work. Everyone goes to church and I am left alone. I tried the new sander and I even wore the dust mask. The Hstab was still lumpy but I got impatient and decided to lay the glass over it. The first piece of fiberglass I cut out was too short. Arghhh. I didn't look back I just threw it away and cut another piece out. The second layer was the Bidirectional fiberglass (BID) I was introduced cutting on the bias. Kim knew what it was. I guess it is a sewing term. So I had to cut on the bias and that wastes a lot of cloth. After laying the second layer down I was done for the evening.

Boyd asked me if I wanted to fly to Catalina with him. I do want to do it, but his commercially built plane will cost about $250 in fuel to fly there and back. Even though it holds 4 people it is just too expensive to do something like that very often. That is why I attracted to this project. Supposedly the same trip would cost me $50 or less. That makes a trip to SoCal for the weekend very doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment