Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1277 days 1989 hours

I didn't get time with the plane at all yesterday. I just had too many things going on. I have to be ok with that happening sometimes. I was talking to Boyd, the airplane expert, and he was a bit discouraging of what I was doing. He just thinks that the plane I am planning on building just takes too long. There are a couple of reasons that I don't agree with that argument. First I can't afford to buy a kit for $20,000 even if I could build it a lot faster. This method lets me build slowly. Second going through all of the mistakes I am making I am learning how to work with composites, which is fiberglass and glue. So I am ok moving forward with my current plans. I know it is going to take 3 years, but in the end I will have what I really want and the expertise to work on the plane.

I returned the orbital sander from yesterday and bought a $30 version from Lowe's. I actually had to research on the difference between sanders. I can't believe I own a jigsaw and an orbital saw. I should have a pretty extensive tool collection when this is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment