Thursday, September 3, 2009

1,282 days 1995 hours

I spent way too much time yesterday trying to figure out this blogging. I tried posting a picture and the layout just looked lame. I think I will stick to words for now. This has been a good start. In terms of building I don't know if I am making the right enough progress, but just getting out in the garage and doing something keeps me moving forward. Tonight I did some sanding on some glue and glass bubbles I laid down on some foam board. I sanded for 2 hours. I have heard that there is a lot of sanding. I dreamed of flying to LA for the day. Can you imagine flying 300 miles, which is how far it would be from Phoenix, for a movie. It sounds dreamy. When I first started flying around with Boyd I liked the idea of flying somewhere easily. I had no idea that an individual could land at almost any airport. Then Boyd told me how much it would cost. I think he said it was something like $300. Wow, for that much money I will drive with all the kids and our stuff. When I started checking into these "homebuilts" it turns out that they can actually make the trip for $25. That is when I started getting excited. I am so cheap.

Ken Rand died in a low fuel difficult weather situation. The FAA tracks every incident no matter how minor. The number one reason for problems is running out of fuel. That seems like such and easy problem not to have. I guess I don't know enough about flying to understand why that would be such a common problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment