Saturday, September 5, 2009

1,281 days 1995 hours

No work tonight. It is Friday night and it is the night that Kim and I always set aside for our date. 17 years of marriage, we have to keep it current. She is so supportive of all the crazy ideas I have. At one point in our marriage I wanted to live on a boat (with 6 kids). She even went to a boat show with me. Tonight I wanted to ride our bikes on our date. First we went out to eat, then to the local high school football game, and then finally to the movies. We rode 11 miles in 100 degree heat in Phoenix. She is so good to me. Some of my dreams never happen. Some do. I want this dream to happen.

I learned after researching about building an airplane that there is a class of airplanes called experimental. There are two big gatherings for experimental aircraft. The biggest is in OshKosh WI. This is not a gathering for those who buy planes. This is a gathering for those who build. This huge (700,000+) gathering of people has existed and I had never even heard about them. It is like finding out suddenly that San Francisco was always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment