Monday, November 2, 2009

Laying down 2nd side forward fuselage



1222 days 1957 hours


I emailed Scott Watts the designer of this plane and asked about a template for the Hstab leading edge. He said that he had changed the way the Hstab is built and that this could be used as a template. I just rigged something up to see how far off I was. It would have been easier to sand the foam rather than add micro to the fiberglassed edge. You can see the gaps that I will have to fill in. I don't know how hard that will be


I laid up the other side of the forward fuselage. It took me 2 hours rather than 4 hours.

I am now working on three parts simultaneously. I am not sure that is good. I got the rivets for the Vstab, the template for the Hstab and I have started the forward fuselage. I will have to get some more peel ply before I do more on the forward fuselage. I am running low on Micro Balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment