Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BID on the backside


1220 Days 1954 Hours

I haven't figured blogspot out yet. These pictures are in reverse order because we read from top to bottom. Here are the finished insides of the forward fuselage side panels. That is peel ply which I will peel off tomorrow. I got back into the garage about 1030PM tonight. This big of a layup is a commitment, no stopping half way. Did I move to quickly? Was I careful enough? Did I apply too much resin? not enough? What am I doing? Can I really do this?

I came home at lunch and decided to try and get some quick work done. I only had a single layer of Bidirectional Fiberglass and no joggles to deal with. I actually thought I could get both halves done, but it took me an hour and half and I only finished one before I had to head back to work. It was warm today and I was a little worried that the resin would harden up before I got to use it all. I had made a big batch. Just to lay down a slurry on the sided was about 200 grams of resin. The exotherm did not happen, but in my hurry I cut my BID bias strips to short and had to use 4 sections when I could have done it in 3. One layer overlapped by a good 5 inches. I don't know if I will get enough time to finish the other half tonight. I have plenty to do, but I am running out of Micro balloons which are used a lot of the slurry.




No comments:

Post a Comment