Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1200 Days 1928 Hours

Again no picture while Kim has the camera in CA. Last night I cut out the sides and bottom of the forward fuselage. I cut close to the line and then sanded the rest of the way. When I cut off the extra I tried to test the strength of what I had done. I easily broke the pieces and could see that the weakest link was the attachment of the fiberglass to the foam board. It makes me wonder how strong this stuff is or how strong it should be.

I also spent some time fixing the blue foam into the vertical. I knew that I needed some for the leading edge so I laid out the vertical on some cardboard and traced what I needed. I then could place the cardboard on the foam board to minimize the use. I spent some time fitting and sanding it into place. That was probably not that necessary since I will take it out and install the antenna and cable before fixing it in place. I am leaving for Ca for the rest of the week so I will probably end up with fewer than 40 hours for the month. I want to ramp up and start putting in 60 per month. I don't know if that is possible. Kim has been so good to me. She knows how much I hate work and she encourages me to work on the plane. I feel a little guilty because I don't want to hate work to get permission to work on the plane. It is a complicated.psychological trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment