Friday, November 13, 2009

1211 days 1939 hours

I came home at lunch again and first tacked in the one side of the channel rib with 5 min epoxy and then locked it down with two layers of Bidirectional Fiberglass. Look how bad the fit was. That gap at the top is not good. I am hoping I can make it up when I glass the whole wing. I also made a mistake in thinking that locking down one side of the channel and then the other would be better. Well it turns out that after all those layers of fiberglass the other side sits on top of those layers and is actually higher than this side.

I am glad that I am finding a use for all that extra fiberglass I had laying around because of cutting on the bias.








I this next picture you can see I used the light and finished locking down the other side. It took a lot longer because it was a pretty tight squeeze and I was trying to be careful. I am understanding that the radius on the corner with the slurry helps lay down the fiberglass. The fiberglass really can't do corners. I will remember that as I sand out the joggles. I will make sure I either radius the corners with micro or I will sand a radius into the joggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment