Saturday, November 14, 2009

1209 days 1934 hours

I pulled the peel ply off of the channel ribs and it was so smooth inside, which is a good thing since a cable will be in there.



Here I am working on the bottom of the forward fuselage. I am sanding the joggles. I know it is important to have a radius at the edge because the cloth does not do right angles. I was really quick at this compared to the first time. This whole fuselage took me an hour. Notice I hung the vertical frame up on the horizontal.





Here I am laying down another section of the second layer of fiberglass. I am getting a lot more comfortable with cutting on the bias. I think I realize that Scott was only applying peel ply to the overlap of the layers. I put peel ply over the whole thing. This layup took a lot more time because I spent a lot of time working on the radius at the edge. I didn't like how the job turned out. I especially unhappy with the bump that is apparent from the joining of the 6" to foam board. I could have done a better job putting those together or a better job smoothing it out before I laid down the cloth. My total time for today was 5 hours. Just to do this one section. I am out of town all of next week so this will be it for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment