Wednesday, November 11, 2009

1214 Days 1942 Hours

I had to wait for the glue to cure on the vertical so I moved on to the bottom of the fuselage. All I did was mark the 10 points and connect them. I had previously attached 6" to the sheet of 23" x 92". I will sand the joggles and cover later. I was much quicker this time around.







I started attaching the channel ribs. I had even tacked in one side with some 5 minute epoxy then I remembered that I hadn't drilled the holes and then I remembered that I hadn't added the two layers of bid for the pully. So I tore it off and layed up the two layers where the pully will go. I know that peel ply is not neccessary, but this is the inside of the channel where a cable will run and I like the smooth surface it creates.

I am still struggling with my fit especially the bottom channel rib cap. I am hoping that I can make adjustments later if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment