Thursday, October 29, 2009



1226 days 1960 hours

That's right 5 hours. I was thinking I could layup both of these pieces in one night, but it took me a lot longer than I had expected. I came home at lunch and finished sanding the side panels. I sanded what would be the top joggle. I couldn't see what that was needed for so I contacted Scott and he said it would be used for attaching the turtle deck.

I then redrew the lines since I had sanded them out and removed the nails to prep for the layup.

Cutting on the bias is still kind of tricky. The cloth reshapes a lot when moving it around. I am pulling it tight on the bias I hope that is the right way to do it, tighter seems better.

I learned at the copperstate flyin that laying peel ply serves a lot of purposes. One is that it smoothes out the transitions. I have three on this layup. The transitions (overlaps) on the HStab are sharp and ugly. I am anxious to see if this actually smoothes them out.

The balloon was coated in left over epoxy. I want to see if I can make a Jack Skelington Head for CK.


No comments:

Post a Comment