Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home sick still building



1249 days 1970 hours


I am falling further and further behind. I have to just keep moving forward. I stayed home sick today. After sleeping until noon I got up and went out to the garage. Kim was gone grocery shopping. I started working in the garage. After about an hour I had to quit. I was just tired. I did get another hour in later, but I was too tired to do any more.


I started the side of the fuselage. I measured out the lines and I started sanding some indentations into the the foam. The purpose of these indentations is to create grooves where strips of fiberglass will be laid to connect the front and back of the fuselage. Each is about 8 feet so the who thing together is about 16 feet. Add the engine and the tail and the total length of the plane is supposed to be about 19 feet.

This layout and sanding is actually my second attempt and I am much happier with the results. Each foam board costs about $50. I will use the other one I trashed for other things. In one way I am happy about the job I am able to do, in another way I am sad that I do not have the skills to do even the smallest thing right the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment