Friday, October 2, 2009

Building Tools

1253 days 1972 hours

I have two days in a row where I worked for hour during lunch. I am lucky that I live nearby and that everything is in my garage. This would be a lot harder if I could only get out to the place where I would work when I could commit to several hours of building. I move forward with much trepidation. I am starting on the fuselage, which is where my butt will be hanging out 12,000 feet above the ground. There are some airplane kits out there where it is a matter of putting things together. That is not a trivial task. This is a scratch build and as part of that build I had to build a small tool in order to sand the right depth into the foam side before I lay up the fiberglass. It took me over an hour to feel comfortable with what I had made. I sanded for about 15 minutes and then I had to put it aside to go back to work.

I was going to go into the garage and spend time with my baby, but Kim and I started watching TV on the computer. We don't have regular TV. We stayed up until past 1AM. crazy but it was fun. I wish I could get her enthusiasm to help me build this plane. I have to be happy that she is just supportive in letting me do it. The only reason she is supportive is that it is so far away from flying that she can put it out of her mind. Oh and she loves me and likes to see me happy working on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment