Thursday, October 8, 2009

Working with Boyd

1247 Days 1968 hours

I went back to the vertical. I was hoping to work on the vertical in CA and work on the forward fuselage now, but I ordered the wrong quantity of foam boards for the forward fuselage so I have to set that aside. In the pictures below I drilled out the holes for the wood hard points. I went over to Boyd's to use his drill press. It is more enjoyable talking to Boyd while I work, but it is a lot slower for both of us. He is working on his brother's plane. Boyd is a real mechanic.

Below you can see that I am aligning the holes before I glue them down.

The instructions are extremely well documented with pictures and simple howto's and yet there is always a question about information that is left out. For example how big are these hardpoints supposed to be. Because the end of the spar is small I couldn't make the hardpoint more than 7/8ths




No comments:

Post a Comment