Sunday, August 30, 2009

Julie and Julia

I just went and saw the movie Julie and Julia. I don't know anything about the real Julie Powell or the real Julia Childs. If I ever refer to them it will be the fictionalized version of them and in my head and looking like Amy Adams (Julie) and Meryl Streep (Julia). But the movie inspired me for many reasons. Unlike Julie I am old. (46 already? How did that happen?) And unlike Julie I have 6 kids and a so called middle age life. Similarly I work in a cubicle for Bank of America. I have a sense that others have figured things out and I am still waiting for something. And I need a deadline too. So here it is my derivative of a derivative, Kurt and Kim and Ken. And my goal is 2,000 hours in 3 years. 2,000 hours doing what? You may ask. That will be the topic of my next post. It is nearly 3AM and I have to be at church with kids dressed and ready in 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment